1. His clothes. Sometimes, men put just as much effort into their looks as women do — and they love it when you take notice. If your dude is looking extra stylish lately, try complimenting him on something specific to totally make his day.
2. His body. Multiple people in the reddit thread said that they absolutely love when someone compliments them on their body, especially if they’ve been working out. Of course, sexy bodies come in all shapes and sizes, and if you think the guy you’re seeing is looking extra incredible lately, let him know.
3. How safe he makes you feel. This was one of the more surprising ones, but quite a few redditors seemed to agree that knowing they offered a girl a sense of security was super comforting to hear.
4. His smell. Is there anything sexier than when someone walks by and you basically get a whiff of heaven?! I think not. The perfect blend of pheromones, cologne, deodorant, and soap deserves a shoutout.
5. Whatever makes him interesting. Like all humans, men like to know that they aren’t lame, and that something about them makes them extra compelling. As danthedingo put it, his biggest insecurity is that he’s secretly super boring — so a little reassurance that your dude is anything but will go a long way.
6. His penis. Zero surprises here. As xesexesexesex put it, “I can never hear how nice my cock is too much.”
7. His hair (or lack thereof). Guys feel just as simultaneously awesome and self-conscious about a new haircut as women do, and a lot of redditors seemed to agree that a hair compliment was the way to a man’s heart. If a guy doesn’t have any hair at all, reassuring him that it’s totally OK is also a big plus.
8. His brain. Apparently, men like to know you’re dating them for more than just the physical stuff. Let your man know he’s a smarty and that you wouldn’t have it any other way.
9. How strong he is. While perhaps a little caveman-esque, being perceived as “surprisingly strong” was dubbed one the most flattering backhanded compliments a man can get.
10. His driving skills. In my opinion, watching anyone drive a manual transmission, no matter their gender identity, is sexy AF. But according to theoat, when his wife once called him the best driver she knows, he said even if it “doesn’t sound like much,” it was a “great feeling.”
11. How trustworthy or dependable he is. Knowing you can count on him — especially if he’s worked hard to gain your trust — can mean the world to your partner. Let your love be known!
12. His sense of humor. Let it be known that you don’t owe it to any man to laugh at a joke he tells that isn’t funny — but if you actually find a dude clever or witty, he’d love to hear it.
13. His face. Whether pretty eyes or a great smile, compliments about specific features make a man feel absolutely gorgeous. In fact, quite a few redditors agreed that it made them feel “pretty” when someone complimented their peepers.