16. The best CEOs have emotional intelligence. They control their emotions and handle interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically.
17. Great CEOs know that leadership is not a popularity contest. Instead of striving to be loved or “popular” they base decisions on what is truly right.
18. Change and progress are constant for the best CEOs. They keep transforming the organisation even when it is highly profitable and successful.
19. Great CEOs find a way of getting the best out of different extremes of people. They somehow motivate the most difficult members to buy into their vision.
20. Great CEOs don’t celebrate for too long. After pausing to appreciate an achievement they resume work and keep moving from strength to strength.
21. Great CEOs connect to other leaders who are doing well, build a network of achievers and leverage on each other’s strengths and connections.