3bdcd215f45289e757c39a22c22aa91b_L

Written by  Emelia Ennin Abbey |

The cause of death of the two love birds who were found in their room at Gbegbeyise, near Dansoman, has finally been established.

The autopsy and special analysis on the bodies of the two have confirmed that they died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Pathologists at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital examined the bodies of Frank Arhin, 32, and Sandra Boateng, 30, while parts of the bodies were taken to the Ghana Standards Authority (GSA) for a special analysis.

Specialists at the GSA, after examining samples of the blood, stomach contents and body parts of the lovers in a toxicology analysis, concluded that the two lovers died after inhaling the fumes from the ‘generator’ they were using in their room.

Since February 3, 2015, the police have been investigating whether the loverbirds died from ‘generator’ fumes as was speculated or otherwise.

It is expected that the police will close the docket on the case and hand over the bodies to the families of the deceased.

A family member of Arhin said “now we can bury our family member in peace. It is good that we have been able to establish the cause of death scientifically. We were confused when the incident happened”.

He commended the police for conducting a thorough investigation and communicating with the families of the deceased.

Arhin and his girlfriend were found dead in their single room, and it was suspected they were asphyxiated by the fumes from a ‘generator’ in the room, which served as a living room and bedroom.

The ‘generator’ was found on one of the chairs in the living room which had a small window that was covered with heavy curtains.

In an interview, an electrical engineer, Mr Charles Amoako, said generating sets and other similar equipment with carbon monoxide-emitting engines must be kept outside in the open air where they could be vented.

“A generating set is not meant to be used in a room but rather in an open space. The fumes contain gases which are colourless, invincible and odourless,” he said.

writer’s email: [email protected]

– See more at: http://graphic.com.gh/news/general-news/39137-confirmed-lovers-died-from-generator-fumes.html#sthash.CU4V1Hqt.xgBTfXyd.dpuf

Share Button

Post Your Comments >>

DISCLAIMER

The views expressed in comments published on GhanaFilla.net are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of GhanaFilla or its staff, nor do they represent the views of any entity affiliated with GhanaFilla. Comments are automatically posted; however, GhanaFilla reserves the right to take any comment down at any time. Please report any inapropriate or abusive comments to us so we can take them down.