Black Stars caretaker coach Maxwell Konadu believes Ghana have a good chance of making it to the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations as the qualification reaches the wire.
Ghana are currently in the lead in their group after five games of the qualification campaign.
Konadu saw the Black Stars endure their first defeat in the campaign as they went down 1-0 in Kampala on Saturday to Uganda.
The result coupled with Togo’s defeat to Guinea in the other Group E fixture has thrown the group wide open. All four teams – Ghana 8pts, Uganda 7pts, Guinea 7pts and Togo 6pts – stand an equal chance of qualifying for next year’s tournament in Equatorial Guinea.
“We need to do our homework well and try to beat Togo,” Konadu said after the game in Kampala.
A win or even a draw will see the Black Stars through to the finals.
“We have our destiny in our own hands,” the Black Stars caretaker coach said as Ghana prepare to meet Togo in the concluding fixture on Wednesday in Tamale.
“We just need to go out there in Tamale and beat Togo. It’s a difficult time for Ghana football. In times like this, we just take things very easy and encourage the players not to be down-hearted.
“I think a win against Togo will be okay and everybody will be refreshed and take things from there.”
– See more at: http://graphic.com.gh/sports/football/33841-konadu-confident-of-qualifying-ghana-to-afcon.html#sthash.0GqIfdPb.dpuf
Subscribe by Email
Sign up to receive our newsletter on your email.
Like us on Facebook
- I Tried To Get Back At My EX- BoyFriend For Breaking My Heart But........ 261 comments
- My boyfriend left me for another woman – How Can I get him Back 159 comments
- TB Joshua: I will have averted Mills death if..... 23 comments
- I’m In Love With Bomaye: Lovely Evicted 10 comments
- (Exclusive) P Square Ft Rick Ross Beautiful-Onyinye Remix 5 comments
- Rumours:No One Should Visit Any Social Network Tomorrow -T.B Joshua 5 comments