31087507

Source: citifmonline.com

Fire has gutted Melcom’s warehouse and service centre at the North Industrial area in Accra.

According to the staff on duty, the fire started at dawn, around 3:30am.

The Melcom service centre stores mostly, the shop’s electrical gadgets.

Firefighters at the scene are struggling to get inside the facility to put the fire out because according to them, the building is tilted from the roof and there is a possibility that it could cave in on them.

The staff also allege they called the fire service when it started, but they only arrived after 6am.

It is unclear what started the fire, but this is the fourth major fire outbreak this year.

On Friday, another fire outbreak at a residence in Osu in Accra claimed the life of a 6-year-old instantly while a 9-month-old baby who sustained serious injuries died later at the hospital.

The Ghana National Fire Service has warned Ghanaians to exercise caution when using potentially inflammable devices in their homes especially during the harmattan season.

The Deputy Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the Service, Prince Anaglatey, has told Citi News in an interview that fire outbreaks in the country in 2015 will significantly decrease if people improve their “safety culture.”

Share Button

Post Your Comments >>

DISCLAIMER

The views expressed in comments published on GhanaFilla.net are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of GhanaFilla or its staff, nor do they represent the views of any entity affiliated with GhanaFilla. Comments are automatically posted; however, GhanaFilla reserves the right to take any comment down at any time. Please report any inapropriate or abusive comments to us so we can take them down.